Awesome Summer Science Activities
- Helping Your Child Learn Science - Activities: Science In The Community
- Helping Your Child Learn Science - Activities: Introduction
- Help Your Teen Avoid the Summer Math Slide
- How to Get Your Girl Into Science
- Middle School Science: What Happens
- Integrating Science and Mathematics
Long summer days are filled with fun, from baseball games to bike rides to hours spent doing nothing but daydream. But summer vacation is also the perfect time to get your child interested in some hands-on science experiments, from playing with water and flowers in the younger grades to causing chemical reactions and solving scientific mysteries in the upper grades. You may think that combining science with summer vacation sounds like a parental pipe dream, but with all the time for child-directed learning and hands-on experimentation, summer is a kid scientist's dream come true!
We've searched out our best, and most fun, science activities and grouped them so you can find age-appropriate activities all summer long! Here's our list of the most awesome science activities for summer:
Create a Fish Art Print! The fish most first grade kids see is usually filleted or canned, and it's hard to see how it came from a lake or sea. Here's a delightful way to bridge the gap, with an activity that blends art with life science discovery.
Teach Science While Smelling the Flowers With just a few ordinary household items, you can make a creative bouquet together, and have a great time learning about plant biology in the process!
Fifth Grade to Middle School
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- Bullying in Schools
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working