3 Great Snack Recipes
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids
- 5 Great Brain Food Snacks
- 10 Healthy After School Snack Ideas That Won't Break the Bank
- Snack Smart Food List
- Child Feeding Guide Age 3 to 5 Years
- Snack Suggestions
Snack time! During summer vacation, kids are constantly foraging in the fridge and cupboards for snacks. If your well of snack ideas is running dry, don’t sweat it. Here are three easy snack recipes from Fix-It and Enjoy It by Phyllis Pellman Good to add to your repertoire.
Makes 1 ½ cups or 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 ½ cups drained canned Great Northern beans
¼ red onion, chopped
1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp. Kosher salt, or to taste
1 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, puree beans until they are halfway between chunky and smooth.
- Add onion, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Puree while drizzling in olive oil.
- Add more or less olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers or pita chips. Or spread in tortilla wraps with roasted vegetables, or with cheese and salsa.
Note: The hummus should be spreadable.
Peanut-Buttery Fresh Fruit Dip
Makes 3 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1 cup peanut butter
8-oz. package cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup milk
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Chill.
- Serve with sliced apples.
Ham and Cheese Sticky Buns
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
24 party-size potato rolls
1 lb. sliced Swiss cheese
½ lb. sliced ham
1 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- Slice rolls in half and place bottoms in 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer on cheese and ham, and top with roll tops.
- Melt butter and add sugar Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds.
- Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour over rolls and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Tip: These can be made ahead and heated when ready to serve.
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
WE'VE GOT A GREAT ROUND-UP OF ACTIVITIES PERFECT FOR LONG WEEKENDS, STAYCATIONS, VACATIONS ... OR JUST SOME GOOD OLD-FASHIONED FUN!Get Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- First Grade Sight Words List