Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
- Celebrate Diwali!
- Political Party! Celebrate the Inauguration Family-Style
- Preparación de su Niño para la Lectura: De Cuatro a Cinco Años de Edad
- Six Ways to Celebrate the 100th Day of School
- Celebrate President's Day
The 5th of May is coming right up, the perfect time to learn about Mexican history and culture with your child.
The holiday Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of Mexican forces over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5th, 1862. In the United States, the holiday has taken on greater significance, providing a chance for Mexican-Americans to celebrate their ancestry. Think of it as a Mexican version of St. Patrick's Day or Chinese New Year. But, Cinco de Mayo can be celebrated by everyone, regardless of ancestry! The emphasis of the holiday is on beverages, food and music. So, pick up some horchata, throw on your favorite mariachi band and whip up these tasty fajitas.
This lime-tenderized chicken stir-fry with onions and peppers is sure to be a hit in your house. This recipes also works with tofu, mushrooms or TVP (textured vegetable protein).
1 small red chili pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
1 red pepper, cut into strips and de-seeded
1 orange pepper, cut into stirps and de-seeded
Slice chicken into ½ inch strips. Chuck into a bowl with lime juice, sugar, and spices. Leave to marinate while you prep vegetables.
Heat oil in large frying pan or wok. Stir-fry drained chicken slices for 5 minutes.
Add onions, chili, and peppers. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes till chicken is cooked white throughout and vegetables are soft.
Divide mix between warmed tortillas with a bit of salsa, Cheddar, guacamole, and sour cream. Wrap. Eat.
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
ACTIVITIESGet Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List