Reality Moms: 10 Unintentionally Funny Parenting Quotes
- 10 Famous Parenting Quotes
- Parenting Mistakes: 7 Things to Never Do for Your Kid
- 10 Pinterest Moms to Follow Right Now
- Hollywood Parents: 10 Realistic On-Screen Moms
- Best for Bebe? Global Perspectives on Perfect Parenting
- 7 Things No One Told You About Parenting
- 7 Chinese Parenting Tips to Help Your Child Excel
- Are You a Tiger Mom? 10 Signs You Need to Dial Down the Intensity
- 8 Retorts for Unsolicited Parenting Advice
Reality shows: What would we do without them? Without Survivor, we'd never know how to start a fire with flint. Without The Bachelor, we'd never enjoy the entertainment of a live breakup. And without reality shows about parenting, we'd never feel so confident about our own parenting skills. Because let's face it: the world of reality moms is awash with serious parenting faux pas. If you're having a bad mommy day, the best prescription is to kick back and watch an episode of Dance Moms. You'll be feeling pretty good about your parenting skills afterward. Here are some of the best and unintentionally funny quotes from TV's worst parents.
1. "I didn't wanna take birth control because I didn't want to gain weight." This phrase was uttered by one of the poor, unsuspecting teens featured on Teen Mom. Real moms know that the grand irony of the subject is that you'll definitely gain more weight whilst pregnant than you would have if you just took the dam Pill. Hope you like maternity sizes, teen mom!
2. "You can't like every color of the rainbow, you can only like one!" A pageant mom on Toddlers and Tiaras said this matter-of-factly to the camera when her daughter couldn't choose her costume. What a fantastic lesson to teach your young and impressionable girl; you can't have options or choices. Just pick something and be done with it.
3. "She just pooped and went on her way. And she's been pooping like that ever since. She's an amazing pooper." The immortal words spoken by Kate Gosselin on Jon and Kate Plus Eight demonstrated the oft-practiced art of the mommy overshare. As a reminder to moms everywhere, no one, much less all of America, wants to hear about your child's bowel movements. And forevermore, her poor daughter is known as "the amazing pooper."
4. "I don't even like dancing. I'm only here because my mom said she'd buy me tacos." While this wasn't uttered by a mom, it was said by her poor daughter. Vivi-Ann, the child caught in the crosshairs of the all-out dance company war on Dance Moms, is typically used as a prop on stage by older dancers. She's been thrown around the Abby Miller Dance Company and moved to her mom's Candy Apples Studio, but all she really wants is a taco.
5. "The only way I could see him not winning this pageant is if he fell over dead." The pageant-crazed moms from Toddlers and Tiaras strike again with the fire of a thousand suns and unrealistic expectations. Nothing like admitting to your (male) pageant child that if he loses the title, he'd better be dead.
6. "It'll be like having a baby doll to dress up every day." If you were watching this episode of 16 and Pregnant, you probably spat out your contraband nap time Diet Coke. Moms everywhere know that having a baby is absolutely nothing like having a baby doll. For one, baby dolls don't cry. For two, it's OK to leave them in a hot car. FYI: the same mom whined that having a baby was like "being in prison" later on in the same episode. Yup, that's more like it.
Today on Education.com
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Bullying in Schools
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Steps in the IEP Process