NYU Child Study Center
The New York University Child Study Center (CSC) was founded in 1997 at Bellevue Hospital Center, with Harold S. Koplewicz, M.D., as Director. The CSC was established with a mission to improve the treatment of child psychiatric disorders by:
- Eliminating the stigma of being or having a child with a psychiatric disorder
- Conducting research and disseminating scientific findings to improve the practices of professionals serving children
- Influencing child-related public policy
577 First Avenue
New York, NY 10016
You can contact and find directions to various other NYU child study centers by visiting http://www.aboutourkids.org/contact_us
You can help support the NYU Child Study Center by visiting http://www.aboutourkids.org/make_difference/giving_child_study_center
Articles by NYU Child Study Center
Sports are big news. Special sports sections in print and television news media keep expanding; scores make headlines;...Topics: Sports and Athletics
A child's environment "A family is to a child as water is to a fish." The 'nurturing system' that is the family is the...
Introduction The idea that there's one definition of family is changing. Families are becoming more diverse. There are...
A major league baseball pitcher admits to using steroids. An Olympic medal winner for swimming gets arrested for drunk...
Although parents conscientiously send their children off to school every day and expect them to do well, they can add an...
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Spaghetti Ornaments
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Why School Cafeterias Are Dishing Out Fast Food
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement