NYU Child Study Center
The New York University Child Study Center (CSC) was founded in 1997 at Bellevue Hospital Center, with Harold S. Koplewicz, M.D., as Director. The CSC was established with a mission to improve the treatment of child psychiatric disorders by:
- Eliminating the stigma of being or having a child with a psychiatric disorder
- Conducting research and disseminating scientific findings to improve the practices of professionals serving children
- Influencing child-related public policy
577 First Avenue
New York, NY 10016
You can contact and find directions to various other NYU child study centers by visiting http://www.aboutourkids.org/contact_us
You can help support the NYU Child Study Center by visiting http://www.aboutourkids.org/make_difference/giving_child_study_center
Articles by NYU Child Study Center
When and why do children feel stress? Children feel stress long before they grow up. Many children have to cope with...
Introduction After seeing two teenagers kissing passionately in a park, your five year-old son looks up and asks you,...
Ten Top Reasons Why Parents Don't Want to Put Their Kids on Medication for Attention Disorders and Ten Top Reasons Why They Should Consider It
Melvin Oatis, M.D. Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Director of Pediatric Consultation-Liaison...
Kidnapping headlines strike fear into the hearts of all parents, but it's helpful to remember that the actual incidence...
Understanding one's self and others. Introduction In the first year of life wonderful and dramatic things happen. The...
Thinking, making new connections, and discovering the world In the first year of life wonderful and dramatic things...
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- 50 Books Your Child Should Read Before Kindergarten
- Make Lightning
- What is Reggio Emilia?
- ABC Book for Dad