California Department of Public Health
The Network for a Healthy California — Children's Power Play!Campaign is a public health initiative led by the California Department of Public Health and administered by the Public Health Institute. Its purpose is to motivate and empower California’s 9- to 11-year-old children to eat 3 to 5 cups of fruits and vegetables and get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. These objectives are designed to improve children’s short-term health and reduce their long-term risk of chronic diseases, especially cancer, heart disease, and obesity. Children's Power Play! is currently funded by the USDA Food Stamp Program to target children from food stamp eligible families.
You can contact the California Department of Public Health online at http://ww2.cdph.ca.gov/_layouts/dhs/sitecomments/default.aspx
Articles by California Department of Public Health
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Ten Great High School Graduation Gifts
- The Homework Debate
- What is Reggio Emilia?
- The Facts About Skipping Grades