Goal Setting for Students
I became social entrepreneur after a life-changing event that involved my granddaughter. She attended a “magnet” school in the St. Louis Public School system. At a parent– teacher conference I read some essays posted on a bulletin board entitled “The Night.” One seventh grade girl wrote:
“I’m not afraid of the night.
I’m not even afraid when I hear bullets.
I take my brother and we lay down in the bathtub until the shooting stops.”
Accent on Success®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children succeed, is the direct result of that young girl’s essay. John Bishop is the Executive Director of the organization.
Accent On Success®
29 Benton Place
St. Louis, MO 63104
314 - 664 - 6110
888 - 664 - 6110 (toll free)
314 - 664 - 6577 (Fax)
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- Why School Cafeterias Are Dishing Out Fast Food
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What is Reggio Emilia?