National Crime Prevention Council
The National Crime Prevention Council’s mission is to be the nation's leader in helping people keep themselves, their families, and their communities safe from crime. To achieve this, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies, including
- Publications and teaching materials on a variety of topics
- Programs that can be implemented in communities and schools
- Local, regional, and national trainings
- Public service announcements broadcast nationwide starring McGruff the Crime Dog
- Support for a national coalition of crime prevention practitioners
NCPC was founded in 1982 to manage the National Citizens’ Crime Prevention Campaign and McGruff the Crime Dog and to administer the Crime Prevention Coalition of America. Now 25 years after McGruff’s first TV appearance, more than 75 percent of children recognize McGruff and over 4,000 law enforcement agencies own a McGruff suit. That’s a lot of people who know how to "Take A Bite Out Of Crime!"
2345 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202-4801
You can also contact the National Crime Prevention Council online by filling out the form at http://www.ncpc.org/about/contact-us
Articles by National Crime Prevention Council
Recognize that keeping firearms in your home may put you at legal risk as well as expose you and your family to...
- Snowman Craft
- Mason Jar Lights
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Spaghetti Ornaments
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes