The National Institute on Drug Abuse
NIDA's mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
This charge has two critical components. The first is the strategic support and conduct of research across a broad range of disciplines. The second is ensuring the rapid and effective dissemination and use of the results of that research to significantly improve prevention, treatment and policy as it relates to drug abuse and addiction.
6001 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Articles by The National Institute on Drug Abuse
Stimulant medications (e.g., methylphenidate and amphetamines) are often prescribed to treat individuals diagnosed with...
NOTE: This is a fact sheet covering research findings on effective treatment approaches for drug abuse and addiction. If...
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- The Homework Debate
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Getting Into College: The Personal Statement
- Why School Cafeterias Are Dishing Out Fast Food
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What is Reggio Emilia?