Virginia Department of Social Services
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) provides assistance to citizens of Virginia to help them live their best lives. One child, one senior citizen, one person at a time,VDSS programs and services help people triumph over poverty, abuse and neglect, achieve self-sufficiency and shape strong futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
This Web site provides information on the programs, activities and resources that VDSS uses to achieve these goals. Information is organized by subject, from programs helping protect adults, children and families, to those designed to provide financial support for those on the road to self-sufficiency. Information also is provided on the ways VDSS is serving the public through training, grants and licensing efforts to protect our citizens.
Major categories of information are located in the large menu bar, which appears across the top of each page. Additional information is available in the navigation column located on the left side of each page. To become familiar with this site, use the link to the Site Map located in the top left navigation bar on the home page. For additional support in finding information, search by keyword using the "Quick Search" function located in the upper right corner of every page.
Local & Regional Social Services Offices
Mailing Addresses - Home Office
- Customer Service (aka Citizen Services)
801 E. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219-2901
E-Mail Addresses - Home Office
Phone Numbers - Home Office
- VDSS General Information (Customer Service)
- Child Support Customer Service
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- Ten Great High School Graduation Gifts
- The Homework Debate
- What is Reggio Emilia?
- Technology in the Classroom: Helpful or Harmful?