About Welcoming Schools
Initiated by a group of parents and educators to meet the needs of students whose family structures are not well represented or included in school environments, Welcoming Schools is also a response to educators who have asked for help in addressing anti-gay name-calling and bullying.
Additionally, it offers a wide range of resources for school administrators and educators on supporting students who are on a unique gender path. Welcoming Schools is not only for students who have LGBT parents or caregivers, nor is it only for students who, as they grow older, may identify as LGBT. Rather, it is for all students growing up in our increasingly diverse world.
Articles by Welcoming Schools
The headline in the New Bedford Standard-Times on Feb. 2, 2006, was only the beginning: "New Bedford Gay Bar Attack...
- Mason Jar Lights
- Snowman Craft
- Practice Counting with an Igloo Sculpture
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Spaghetti Ornaments
- The Homework Debate
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- First Grade Sight Words List