Women's Sports Foundation
The Women’s Sports Foundation—the leading authority on the participation of women and girls in sports—advocates for equality, educates the public, conducts research and offers grants to promote sports and physical activity for girls and women.
Founded by Billie Jean King in 1974, the Women’s Sports Foundation builds on her legacy as a champion athlete, advocate of social justice and agent of change. We strive for gender equity and fight discrimination in sports.
Our work shapes public attitude about women’s sports and athletes, builds capacities for organizations that get girls active, provides equal opportunities for girls and women, and supports physically and emotionally healthy lifestyles.
Women’s Sports Foundation
1899 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite 400
East Meadow, NY 11554
You can contact the Women's Sports Foundation by email at Info@WomensSportsFoundation.org.
You can help support the Women's Sports Foundation by clicking on the 'Donate Now' button on the left side of their webpage.
Articles by Women's Sports Foundation
1. How much experience have you had in teaching children? At what age(s)? 2. What has been your experience and...
Addressing the Issue of Verbal, Physical and Psychological Abuse of Athletes: The Foundation Position
A. General Rationale Abuse is the willful infliction of injury, pain, mental anguish, unreasonable confinement,...
Athletes Were Less Likely To Use Illicit Drugs. Playing sports was associated with reduced risk for illicit...
Founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, the Foundation works to increase the participation of girls and women in sports and...Topics: Sports and Athletics
1. The verbal, physical or psychological abuse of athletes subverts the mission of sports organizations and educational...
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- The Homework Debate
- Ten Great High School Graduation Gifts
- Graduation Inspiration: Top 10 Graduation Quotes
- What is Reggio Emilia?
- Technology in the Classroom: Helpful or Harmful?