jessnayden
jessnayden asks:
Q:

why is my 1 year old so mean to me?

my 1 year old son is so mean to me an i dont know wht to do and why he is this way to me im his mother
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|
Hi Jessnayden,

It's great that you contacted Education.com.  A 1-year old child is helpless and needy.  The child depends on his/her mother to provide the love and care necessary.  If you are struggling with these issues, you should ask for help, consult with your primary care giver as you may be suffering with postpartum depression and will need care for yourself.  Speak with relatives or trustworthy friends for help or even talk to your pediatrician concerning your feelings.

As much as a 1 year old needs care, it can also be a draining job for Mom.  Be sure that you are getting plenty of rest and are taking care of yourself.  I do recommend that you arrange an appointment with your doctor to discuss your feelings.  I hope that you are able to find the happiness in being a mother and enjoy your precious baby.

Use the links below for more information.

Best wishes!

2
0
michellechambers
michellecha... writes:
because he thinks u r not loveing him and he thinks he should get tredit him a better way or play with him and tall him that u under stand whats go  on and see how he treats u beater if not then put him in time out and he should learn his mostakes because i had to do the same thaning to my son.

1
1
Skyflowers101
Skyflowers101 , Student writes:
LOL! i was like that when i was younger i liked to hit my mother, i had plenty of tantrums.I don't do it now but i still have anger,axiaty,and stress issues today.My mom took me to a theripist but i don't think that did enything.

1
1