pocalina
pocalina asks:
Q:

I think my 10 year old grandson is sneaking my clothes into the bathroom with him when he goes in there.

Actually, this is my new grandson as our son married a gal with a 10 year old son.  He is a sweet boy, but I have noticed that after he leaves our home, my jeans, and miscellaneous pieces of my clothing are hidden behind the towels in the bathroom cabinet (he spends quite a bit of time in there). Sometimes my shoes will be in there also. Is this something I should discuss with his mom and my son?
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Yes, I would. Ten year olds often start being attracted to objects they perceive as sexual as best a ten year old understands that concept.  Masturbation occurs at all ages of child development. Since he perceives this activity as forbidden, I would discuss it with his parents. When they or you find the hidden clothes, remind your grandson that they are not his clothes and should not be removed. If he has questions about what women wear, answer them with his mom or dad, but don't let the "borrowing" go unnoticed.

0
0