lisatish
lisatish asks:
Q:

What can we do with our 10 year old who lies and steals ?

I have a 10 year old step son who steals and lies almost every day. When asked why he did it, he will give a blank stare and not answer. He will steal anything from pens at school to money and snacks at home. This week I watched him eat his 3 year old sisters cereal while he still had a full bowl in front of him. He also lies about everything, even good things. When privileges are taken away, he either screams and says " I hate you, I don't feel safe here, I don't want to live here" or says nothing and acts like he doesn't care one way or the other.
I've raised 3 boys already and have not encountered such behavior. He seems to have no empathy.... when he does answer a question like why is it wrong to steal, his answer will be "because you will get in trouble." We talk with him almost every day about right and wrong and how it makes everyone feel and he doesn't seem to care.
I am at my wits end with this child and it has started to cause problems with the other children and our marriage.
Any ideas on what to do next?

|

Stealing is a serious offense, and so it lying.  Sounds like you are trying to get through to your son, but he does not seem to be receptive.  I think that you should involve a child psychologist/psychiatrist team to help you son as soon as possible.  Ask his regular health care provider for a recommendation.

Bets regards.
1
0

amyhoneycutt3
amyhoneycutt3 writes:
We are having the exact same problems with my step son + many, many, more problems. We have taken him to several different doctors and psychiatrists, there is nothing that has changed. We don't know what to do anymore either. Our marriage, school, church, everything has been affected.  Sending prayers to you being I knkw exactly what you are going thru. If you have figured out anything that is helping please let me know.

0
0