KJCPETE
KJCPETE asks:
Q:

Help!! My almost 10 year old son is so difficult!

Since my 9 year old turned 3 he has done everything I say NOT to do. In spite of all of the corrective measures I have taken.
He is now failing in school because he doesn't like it or want to to do it. He fights me to get simple tasks done chores, homework, you name it. He is now lying all the time about almost everything. Stealing his DS when he is grounded from it in the middle of the night to play it. Stealing items from the teachers desk. He is always in trouble at home.
Today the police caught him kicking the neighbors dog on his way home from school. I am so worried, please help!

|

I am sorry to hear about your sons misbehavior. Parenting is a difficult job as it is.  Stealing, lying, defiance, and hurting animals are cries for help.  These behaviors signal that something is going with your son needing immediate attention.  Schedule an appointment with your son's regular health care provider for an evaluation.  He or she might suggest seeing a pediatric counsellor.  The sooner you make the appointment, the sooner they will be able to help your son and you.

1
0