roxborough
roxborough asks:
Q:

my 10 year old son has a project to do on immigration and how the system works, can you suggest a web site that would help him get this information

In Topics: Helping my child with school work and home work

|
CJA829
CJA829 writes:
Hi roxborough,

The path to becoming a U.S. citizen can be complex, on top of that more so depending on the country a person is transferring citizenship from. I linked below a page from the US Citizenship & Immigration Services. Your son may also have to look up the steps required to obtain a green card, depending on how in depth his project is.
Another resource could be if you know any one who has become a citizen through naturalization and is willing to recount the steps they had to take; as a place to start, since web sites can be full of an overwhelming amount of info some times.

Hope this helps and good luck!
CJ

0
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
Hello! You may wish to try the Ellis Island websites that discuss immigration. Here is the website:  

HTTP://www.ellisisland.org/genealogy/ellis_island.asp

1
0