Anonymous
Q:

I have a 10 year old, talking too much.

My 10 year old is very bright and straight A student. But I get emails from teachers saying he is talking too much, interrupting, going off task and finishing his work late because he is busy helping others, talking or just doing something else. At home and church he is quiet, very well behaved. I do talk to him almost every day and he said yes mom I will improve and I won't talk much especially interrupt. But again same thing next day. Seems like he doesn't know how to help himself from this situation. What can I do to help him; any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Sounds like you have a bright 10-year-old who is bored at school!  He finishes his work before everybody else and because of that gets into trouble.  Talk with his teachers and see if they can challenge him a little more.

2
0

Dadofsons
Dadofsons writes:
I think you should explain to your son how important school is and that there are things that he could end up missing out on because he was too busy doing something else. That worked with my oldest son.

0
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
i think that providing him with a behaviour chart in class and at home would encourage him to be more attentive.  it appears that he needs firm boundaries.  being disruptive to himself and others can be serious as he prevents others and himself from learning.  a good thing for the teacher to do as i do in my class is to have filler time activities for those children who complete their tasks way ahead of the others - these tasks are normally more challenging so that the children stay focussed.  i also use the fast learners to assist the slower ones.  I have also recommended to some parents that they have the child assessed for ADHD which if it is diagnosed, then is managed by medication.

0
0