Natalia90
Natalia90 asks:
Q:

Please help me with my 10yr.old nephew who refuses to go to school?

My nephew who is 10yrs.old refuses to go to school. The classes started on september 7,2010(Chicago) he only went to school 1 week & then told my sister he was being bullied. my sister went to school & told the principal & the principal told her she had talked with the kids who had bullied him & that everything was okay. my nephew just didn't want to be in that school anymore so my sister put him in a private school but he refused to go even one day, my sister took him with a psychologist & was told nothing was wrong with him that he was just nervous about being in a new school. The private school couldn't deal with his refusal so they told my sister she needed to take him to another school. well last friday he was supposed to start in a new school & again he refused to go. so my sister called the cops on him & they told her they couldn't do anything because he was too young. what can my sister do to get him in school since he is a very smart kid with excellent grades?
In Topics: Back to school

|

It sounds like your nephew is having a difficult time adjusting to school in general.  I do have a few more questions:
Did he refuse to go to school last year?
Does he have any good friends that go to either his old school or one of the new ones?
What is he doing when he is not at school this year?
Is there any chance he can be home schooled by your sister?
Is he really afraid that a new school?

I'm sure your nephew is a very smart boy, and maybe he is playing this scenario out so he doesn't have to go to school at all.  What is the pay off for him?  Does he like the attention?  Is he doing what he wants when he is not at school - sleeping late, playing video games, texting, etc.?

My concern is that he is missing a lot work and the last thing you want is for him to fall behind.  The longer he is out, the hard it will be to get him back into the routine of school.

If you give us a little more insight as to why he doesn't want to go to school, we might be able to give you more suggestions.

Barb Kruger
www.lessonpop.com

0
0