metralanette breckenridge
metralanette breckenridge asks:
Q:

my 11 year old daughter has developed a very bad attitude, she is defiant, disrespectful, and insubordinate especially at school this year.

developing a negative school record, instigates fights/arguements, disruptive in class, doesn't seem to care about her education, poor grades, seems to have just gone plum stupid

|

Trying to resume the positive educational experience for your daughter will be difficult.  Many parents share in your frustration.  There are many factors to consider concerning your situation. Ask yourself these questions: Have there been any recent changes to her environment at school for your daughter? Are there clear expectations for her behavior? Have there been any negative consequences as a result of correcting her undesirable behavior? Can your daughter earn any positive consequences for her desirable behavior? Have you talked with her and try to understand what has changed for her or why she continues this behavior? Is she having peer relationship problems? Is she being bullied? Are you able to go and observe her in the classroom? Have you thought about talking with the school counselor or teacher about some strategies to help your daughter? Is she tired, hungry, thirsty, or not feeling well? Has her home environment changed? These are just a few questions, I encourage you to consider. If you or your daughter needs to talk to someone, you can call the Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000, we have counselors available 24/7. We can also look up some local resources for further assistance, or it may help to talk. You may also want to talk with her pediatrician for some assistance.

Remember that with time and consistency, she can change her behaviors and make better choices. Really praise her for making good choices as she needs to feel like she does make good choices right now. Take care and good luck--do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

2
0

charity brown
charity brown writes:
take her out if so maybe to her favorite places she may need attention so try to show her that and help her or just whopp her with a belt that will tame her.

0
1
mbonita02
mbonita02 writes:
I am having the same troubles, I am trying everything I can possibly think of and nothing seems to work. I am now looking at martial arts classes maybe some music classes to see if that keeps her busy enough to stop this disruptive behaivior she is starting to have. wish me luck and any ideas are welcome.

1
0
Aidan2008
Aidan2008 writes:
I have the EXACT same prblem currently going on with my 11 year old daughter. I have tried all they say to do and she seems to be getting worse. She has this attitude of 'I don't care'. I have never seen her this way. I would also love more suggestions if anyone has them. I am about to have to take the last step and both of us go to counseling. I have exhauseted all options/tools. :/

1
0
robynk0503
robynk0503 writes:
Im having the same problem and I find myself not only frustrated, but I'm angry and embarrassed. I am unable to spend any significant amount of time doing anything about the problem because I am a single mother who works and goes to school full-time. I always excelled at school academically and athletically and I feel like she is my complete opposite. She's lazy and uncoordinated and has no desire to learn, hates to read, and doesn't care about school at all. Homework time is becoming unbearable for us both as I am getting closer to losing my temper with her when she acts as though she's not the slightest bit familiar with any of it and insists her teacher has never taught the class certain things. She just failed our state tests and I'm worried she will be hailed back in 5th grade. I feel as though I just want to throw in the towel and give up.

0
0