Q:

What can I do about my 11 year old daughter who refuses to go to school?

"I have a 11 year old daughter that refuses to go to school and I try my best to get her to go,and she is also over weight, and I don't know if it is that or if she is depressed or what..... What can I do ?"

Asked by Ashlee after reading the article, "When Your Child Refuses to Go to School": http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Schoo...
In Topics: School and Academics, Children and stress, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

There are two issues here.  First, going to school.  Ususally school refusal has to do with more than stubbornness. Refusal is not an option.  Speak to her guidance counselor and lay out the problem and work together.  Perhaps she needs to start her day somewhere else or there is bullying that needs to be addressed. Speak with the principal.  Next, address the obesity issue.  Speak with her medical home.  They may provide or direct her to a counselor to help with that problem.

Doing nothing makes each day harder to face "return".  Let your daughter know that you will work together. Teach about team work, but she must return .

1
0

Anonymous