lisa66
lisa66 asks:
Q:

How to help my 11 year old with writing a speech?

Hi
I would like some easy steps on how to help my 11 year old with writing his speech for school.
thanx

In Topics: Helping my child with writing, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

Allyn Anderson

Writing a speech is more simple than most students think. You simply tell your audience what you plan to talk about (introduction), tell them (detail your information), and then tell your audience what you just told them (a closing). Here are a couple of sites that will tell you how to organize, plan, and write your speech.

Remind your son to always stand up straight, look just above the audiences head, and smile when he gives his speech. The more he enjoys telling his story, the more the audience will enjoy hearing it.
0
0

fritzr
fritzr writes:
A typical school speech comes in three parts: introduction, body, and conclusion.  The introduction is basically you saying "here is what I'm going to talk about." The body includes the points you are trying to make (usually just three of them).  The conclusion reminds the audience what you just said.  So, a very simple speech might be:

Intro: Today I'm going to tell you about cars.
Body: Cars come in many colors. They can go very fast. They are made by different companies all over the world.
Conclusion: In summary, cars are colorful, fast, and are made all over the world.

3
1
drgiggs
drgiggs writes:
What type of speech?  

Typically there are 3 sections:

1) Introduction (always write this part after the body)
     -Introduce self and thank the audience
     -State the purpose of the speech ("The purpose of this speech is")
     -Preview the points/sub-sections of the body

2) Body (organize into easily distinguishable sub-sections, generically there are 3 points)
    Examples (various ways to start each):
     a) ("My first...")
     b) ("The second aspect of...")
     c) ("Finally, the third... ")

3) Conclusion
    -Brief summary
    -Thank the audience for their time and attention

The teacher should provide the criteria that will be used to grade the speech.

0
0