bdnkr
bdnkr asks:
Q:

My 11 year old daughter has upper lip hair problem. Is there any treatment that remove the hair without hurting her?

her classmates teaseing her she has a mustace. she is really worring about it. please help me.
In Topics: Teen issues

|

I'm sure that dealing with unwanted facial hair is very stressful for your both you and your daughter.  Kids can be very cruel to other kids that don't look or act like they do, and I'm sorry that she has to deal with teasing at such a young age.

To get rid of facial hair,  some would suggest using common methods such as plucking or waxing.  However, for the safest and most effective way, I would advise you to talk to your daughter's pediatrician before attempting any home hair removal techniques.

Good luck and take care!

1-800-448-3000

4
0

momteaches
momteaches writes:
Go to Walmart, Kmart or any drug store and purchase some Creme Hair Bleach for face.  It will be by the shaving products usually.  It is usuall around $5.  It is simple to use and does not risk the hair coming back heavier each time like shaving or waxing.  It takes around 5 minutes and the hair is no longer noticeable.  Do it around once a month.  The mix stays good for a long time and you just mix up a tiny bit each time you use it.  It will be the best thing for her.

1
1
kimemmons
kimemmons writes:
My friend uses nair on her upper lip.  Says it works great.

1
1
ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver writes:
I would also talk to your daughter's doctor first.  This could be a sign of something that is imbalanced in the body.  I know that I have PCOS which affects hair growth (can lead to diabetes).

Good Luck!

2
1
jearica
jearica writes:
I know how your daughter feels, this happened to me when i was in the 6th grade. I felt awful, later a friend told me a girl in my class started it because the boy she liked, liked me (I didnât care much for boys at the time). Now is the best time to start showing your daughter beauty rituals, my niece now has the same issue and my sister in law takes her to get her lip and eyebrows threaded, just to keep them looking clean. I do not suggest bleaching itâs a bad idea (my solution as a 6th grader) for darker skin colors and it has an awful smell. So your daughter does not feel embarrassed about the threading make it a mother daughter beauty day.

2
0