kezy asks:

help were do we get help for my 11 yr old son

my son is11 yrs old and has all ways had problems at school with hes work with spellings and maths  and now is getting in to truble for disrtating his techer have try ever thing from keeping him in taking things off him but nothing helps he is always jummping round and racing a round
i need help were do we go for help he is all so been trying to tsart fires doesnt know when to stop keeps on doing somthing when ask to stop we as afamily dont know wat we can do he forgets so esly that hes to do something even if we have told him 1hr befoer
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, My child's growth and development
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Feb 9, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Start with your pediatrician or your medical home.  Ask the school to evaluate him for his academic issues. Often that includes an evaluation by a psychologist as well.  If you do not have a medical home, try speaking with your local mental health center in your community.  They may have a psychiatrist who can evaluate your child who sounds like attention is an issue.

At home, do your best to keep a routine. Be sure he gets lots of play time and exercise.

Best wishes..

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (3)

Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely