kezy
kezy asks:
Q:

help were do we get help for my 11 yr old son

my son is11 yrs old and has all ways had problems at school with hes work with spellings and maths  and now is getting in to truble for disrtating his techer have try ever thing from keeping him in taking things off him but nothing helps he is always jummping round and racing a round
i need help were do we go for help he is all so been trying to tsart fires doesnt know when to stop keeps on doing somthing when ask to stop we as afamily dont know wat we can do he forgets so esly that hes to do something even if we have told him 1hr befoer
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, My child's growth and development

|

Start with your pediatrician or your medical home.  Ask the school to evaluate him for his academic issues. Often that includes an evaluation by a psychologist as well.  If you do not have a medical home, try speaking with your local mental health center in your community.  They may have a psychiatrist who can evaluate your child who sounds like attention is an issue.

At home, do your best to keep a routine. Be sure he gets lots of play time and exercise.

Best wishes..

0
0

Dr.Monika , Child Professional writes:
Your child needs to see a pediatric therapist as soon as possible.  His regular health care provider will be able to suggest one in your community.

0
0
dabado
dabado writes:
I would start this progress with an FIE.. full educational evaluation..which the school will provide at no coast to the parients. This will let u know where your child is at with his education and u will get a better understand on where to start helping him. Please feel free to contact me in regards to this matter if you need. My name is Debbie Durso 409-540-0218

0
0
AshleySheeren
AshleySheeren writes:
It sounds like your son has charatristics of ADHD or ADD. I would request your school to evaluate him. If he often shows behaviors more during reading (anything having to do with reading) I would prob him and ask him to tell you what is happening as he reads. It could be that the words move on the page (Irlens), or he gets things mixed up as he reads (dyslexia). Two very common things that happen when a child acts out like this is they either have dyslexia, where they have a hard time breaking down words and reading, or Irlens which to a student with Irlens they words appear to move around the page or fall off the page and in that case an overlay would help. As far as the lighting fires he cloud find something very intreging about fire and doesn't realize he's going to far. But either way I would ask for him to be evaluated to see if the underlaying problem is a learning disablity/disorder. That could help him get the help he needs to feel successful in school. I hope this helps a little.

0
0