Jokal
Jokal asks:
Q:

11yr old defiant daughter

I have an 11yr old defiant daughter. This has been going on for about 2 years. She continually lies to our faces, to her teachers and her friends. She has forged my name on school work, until the teacher finally caught on. She has stolen another student's shirt from school that was for a project because she did not like her shirt. She doesn't do certain school work. And many times lies about doing it. She will not do the one and only chore she has at home (feed dog). When she is grounded she goes behind our back to do the things she shouldn't be doing. Or she continues to do the things that got her grounded in the first place. We have a reward system in place. But no sooner does she earn the reward, she loses it. She cannot explain why she does not do what she is suppose to do. We have had many discussions. I am at my ropes end.

|
jderosier
jderosier writes:
There comes a point where discussions and grounding no longer work, and alternative forms of discipline come in. The first thing you should do is pray and ask for strength and a lot of patience. A lot of people are afraid to reach out to the man above but trust and believe He will get you through it. Next step, take her to see a counselor, she may feel a way when it comes to speaking to you or family members as to why she is acting out. We tend to say there is a reason for everything, but what is her excuse? What examples does she have around her? who are her influences? Look up "Scared Straight" and see if there is a program in your area that can help with her. Don't be afraid to expose her to her potential future if she doesn't get her act together.

0
0
TeresaBailey
TeresaBailey writes:
Have her checked out for Juvenile Bi-polar Disorder. I have never heard of it before my grandson was diagnosed with it. While some of the symptoms are similar, there are others which are not. The best way to find out is through a psychiatrist. The teachers in school have not been equipped to help kids with this disorder, because they only know kids with ADHD or the well behaved kids or even the disabled. My grandson was labeled "slick" by his teachers. This is not the way to help them when they have problems. I hope this helps you and your family in some way.

0
0