Anonymous
Q:

My 12 year old cries and pinches herself when upset

My daughter gets upset when she is made to study or do chores and doesn't want to. She cries and will even pinch herself or twist her fingers if we are displeased with her behavior. Is this behavior normal? Are these symptoms of some sort of adolescent syndrome? I need answers.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Teen issues, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

I can tell that your "parent intuition bell" is alerting you that something is amiss with your daughter. You may wish to take your concerns to her physician, school counselor or the School Psychologist.

Regardless, if it is a concern, please seek some expertise from others.

0
0

AbbyCheeks
AbbyCheeks writes:
My daughter, 8 years old, has the same symptoms. After many years, and many therapists, it seems that we have found her condition. It is called Sensory Integration Disorder (SID). It cannot be 'cured' but there is a therapy that she takes that allows her to 'handle' it a bit better. There are many books on the subject that you can read for more info. After reading, if you feel your daughter might suffer from this condition, PLEASE find an organization that specializes in this, for I have found that 'generic' psychiatrist have little knowledge of the condition.

0
0
Anonymous