positivehelp asks:

How do I keep my 12 year old daughter away from a 15 year old boy's house?

My 12 year old daughter ran away and was found at a 15 year old boys house and she had sex with him. How do I keep her away from him.neep help now.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Teen sexuality and dating, Discipline and behavior challenges
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Jan 12, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

First, I would contact and visit your pediatrician. If you don't have on, go the the emergency room at your local hospital.  You need to establish that your daughter is not pregnant, or infected.  This can happen from a variety of sexual behaviors.  Second, get some counseling.  From school, church, or your medical office.  Finally, you need to get to the root of her running away.  Abuse? curiosisty? older boy? etc... At 12 it is tough to understand consequences and decision making.  Stay by her, reasure her of your love and forgiveness.  

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (3)

Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely