positivehelp
positivehelp asks:
Q:

How do I keep my 12 year old daughter away from a 15 year old boy's house?

My 12 year old daughter ran away and was found at a 15 year old boys house and she had sex with him. How do I keep her away from him.neep help now.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Teen sexuality and dating, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

First, I would contact and visit your pediatrician. If you don't have on, go the the emergency room at your local hospital.  You need to establish that your daughter is not pregnant, or infected.  This can happen from a variety of sexual behaviors.  Second, get some counseling.  From school, church, or your medical office.  Finally, you need to get to the root of her running away.  Abuse? curiosisty? older boy? etc... At 12 it is tough to understand consequences and decision making.  Stay by her, reasure her of your love and forgiveness.  

2
0

bugga
bugga writes:
Honestly, talk to this boys parents while neither one of the kids are there and see what they've been up to while they're there. if you test to see if your child is pregnant than she'll beleive she's lost all of the trust she worked so hard to get from you. Get her into something more interesting or just plain tell her NO!!

0
2
shhanda
shhanda writes:
im 13 years old and have always been with older guys lik 15 or 16 years old my mom made it very clear to stay away from older guys your daughter will learn eventually to stay away from them just lik i did it my take awhile but dont tell her NO right away like my mom did because she will just want to go back or keep doing what she is doing.i think what you need to do is tell her the dangers of being with an older guy and tell her that it isnt safe to be with them if that doesnt work cut all ties with that guy and punish her.

1
1
BMelton , Teacher writes:
This is a very scary situation for you as a parent. You know the dangers of having unprotected sex and worry about her being on the street as a runaway.

The critical issues are her running away and being with an older boy.

You need to seek counseling through the school, church or community agency. I agree with Dr. Yankus, have her checked with the physician. She needs to know the risks involved and hearing it from a doctor may have more meaning.

You need to let the boy's parents know that she is not allowed to be with him or to visit their house. If they are not cooperative, you need to file charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

If she continues to runaway, file runaway charges to document her behaviors. Contact you local juvenile offenders program and ask for informal assistance. This means help prior to court-ordered, mandated assistance.

You are doing the right thing-- asking for help and information. Be strong and get support as a parent. Show her you care and are willing to set limits and follow through. Be consistent.

Brenda Melton
Professional School Counselor

2
0
Anonymous