Happy2bGran... asks:

My 12-year-old granddaughter has difficulties expressing herself.

My 12-year-old granddaughter has trouble expressing herself verbally. It is affecting her performance in school.
She gets extremely frustrated when she tries to explain something, but she has trouble putting it in words. What can I do to help her? I have custody of her and want to give her all the opportunities in life she deserves.
In Topics: My child's growth and development
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
May 15, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Ask your school to do testing.  Is she dyslexic? Learning disabled? can she read?  Your school is the best place to start the investigation. Ask your pediatrician to check her hearing and vision then read to her and keep reading. It can only help.

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely