deedee85
deedee85 asks:
Q:

My 12 year old sister has started to have seizures, Could her weight have anything to do with her having them?

My sister just turned 12 and soon after started have seizures. She is about 5' and about 160lbs. We were told that it could be from stress, lack of sleep, bacterial infection/s, or puberty. She has not been diagnosed with a condition due to the doctors thinking she might grow out of them but she is taking anti-seizure medication. I've done some research and found that some foods could be triggers. I was wondering if her weight could have something to do with her having them.
In Topics: Medical problems

|

Probably not.  It sounds like the messages to you and the family from the doctors is not coming through clearly. Go as a family to the next visit to the pediatrician or neurologist with a list of questions to be answered.  With all of you present, the information will not be lost. Seizures happen to people for all sorts of reasons and can be triggered by those things you mentioned with the exception usually of weight. Foods are generally not triggers either.  Your concern for your sister is genuine and welcome.  Go with your family and all be clear.

0
0