Mothersworries
Mothersworr... asks:
Q:

My 12 year old has been threatened at school by another student. The student threatened to cut my daughter's throat and kill her.

|
GeraldineCharles
GeraldineCh... writes:
I'm sorry to hear that. If you have tried to get something out of the school and/or the parents of the bullying child, my next step would be to see the prosecutor and file charges on this child.

3
0
bayrum
bayrum writes:
These days you can't take threats likely. If that was my child I'll file a complaint and a restraining order that would put her and the parent on notice and school. By letting the school know they might do a placement for the out of order student. Good luck!

1
0
DeannaGriffin
DeannaGriffin writes:
I recently took my daughter out of public school, and decided to homeschool her because of bullying. The teachers say they watch out for them and try to keep bullying under control, but it still goes on and they are not aware of it always. They have too many little people to watch and the parents are not doing their job and monitoring their own children's behavior.

1
0
Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
Have you told the principal? Dean? You need to take action! This is not a laughing matter[not that you were laughing] and you should put your foot down IMMEDIATELY!

0
1
sam23461
sam23461 writes:
Stay calm. Tell an adult in the school whom you trust about the problem. Past teachers are great. If that doesn't work, it's time to contact the child's parents. Still not working? Then it is time to call the police. You simply now must get the child's parents mad so then they can say or do something bad about you and get arrested. What if the parents are your friends? Then you need to switch schools. Not sure about switching? Think about your child. Do not want to switch? Contact a no-bullying organization.

1
0
Safioleas
Safioleas writes:
I completely agree with the immediate action of legal intervention and a whole lot of yelling at the administration.  Another, more long term tactic is to enroll your daughter in a self-defense course.  There are several to choose from.  You can take a more stable route and enroll her in taekwondo (our family's martial art of choice) which will assist her in dealing with bullying on both a physical as well as emotional level.  A shorter term course can usually be found through your local law enforcement.  In our area, the police offer women's self-defense classes, usually one or two sessions, which include all the basics of self-defense including how to yell for help, how to assess a dangerous situation, and how to do basic kicks, punches, and other maneuvers.  These classes are usually nominally priced and the officers in charge are very courteous with regard to questions and applicability to their student's lives (i.e. she could share her situation and they would help her prepare a game plan to counter it).  Empowerment is key for your daughter...once the attorneys finish with the bully's parents and the school board.

0
0