SeaStar
SeaStar asks:
Q:

Should a 13 year old boy be allowed to dated a girl that has been abusive?

My 13 year old neighbor is now dating a girl that is known to be trouble.  When he attended a party, not to long ago, the girl for no reason kicked the boy once in the private parts and when he fell to the ground, she ran up to him and kicked him again in the same area.  She then scratched him, he has a nice scar from the incident and mumbled some profanity in his ear. He suffered from pain for about a week from this incident.  This same girl is known to have many boyfriends for all the wrong reasons.  She is known to have 'cat-fights' with girls.   His mother's thought is, she is going to give him a little rope and hope he doesn't hang himself.  The boy is known to be impulsive and sometimes lie, but his mom rescues him by making excuses and blaming others.  Neither parent can maintain a consequence.  He'll have his cell phone returned way before he has paid for whatever he did wrong.  I want to offer advice but I'm afraid she'll find me old fashioned.
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

As a friend I would share what you know with out the expectation that anything may change.  Clearly as you describe her, this is a troubled child who is in need of supervision.  13 year old boys are generally new at dating if at all and this is probably not where and with whom he should start.

1
0