jpruiz
jpruiz asks:
Q:

My 13 year old daughter thinks she's bisexual. What do I do?

In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Sexuality is driven by nature.  Also, sexuality does not define an individual, thus love your daughter for who she is.  All children explore sexuality as a normal part of development.  And although sexual orientation can't be chosen, people have a choice of how they express their sexuality.

If being bisexual does not pose a problem for your daughter, it should not be a problem for anybody else.  If your daughter is confused about her sexuality, let her figure it out on her own without judging her choices in this matter.  You may serve as a supportive resource by providing her with reliable information when she asks for it.

Suggested reading:

Teen sexuality

http://childdoc.org/Health_Topics/Parenting_News/Teen_sexuality.html
1
0

Zee15
Zee15 writes:
You need to accept this, no matter what your beliefs or politics are, and not make a big deal of it. If it's really who she is, making a big deal could completely ruin your relationship and make depressed; it doesn't matter what kind of big deal you would make, a celebration or a fuss. Just let it go and if she wants to bring it up, say something along the lines of "That's fine, I'm glad you figured this out. If you ever need to talk, I'm here." And if it later turns out that she was wrong, it will be very hard for her to back out/change her mind without feeling embarrassed if you make a big deal now. Good luck!

1
0
chars
chars writes:
she is only younge , it dosnt matter wat she is , it isnt right or wrong .

1
1
MimiR
MimiR writes:
She needs to understand that many women are attracted to both men and women at some level.  It doesn't mean you're "bisexual."  It means that you could be, if you chose to be.  The LGTB community is trying to redefine sexuality so that everyone possible falls into their camp.  This is not how sexuality has been recognized by any culture in the past, however, and it IS a purely cultural redefinition of something that is, in most people, quite flexible.

1
0
mleano8
mleano8 , Student writes:
Some of the answers to the question are pretty good already. But, I did want to add that 13 years old is usually right around the time boys and girls are discovering the other sex and when changes start happening (ie hormones). If this is the case, there may be an influx of hormones racing and it could be a phase or part of the growing process. Not to use puberty and growing into a woman as an excuse or scapecoat, but I know plenty of girls that "experimented" or felt confused right around this age.

In any case, it is important to love your child and support her :D

1
0
Nathan_Loves_Thongs
Nathan_Love... writes:
Let her be Bi I am A 14 year old boy and I like boys and girls i got a gf and i have never dated a boy but i have had sex with a male and i liked it so now y gf is also bi and i love wearing her clothes i love her panties and thongs it is good on both parts

0
0