softballchicka
softballchi... asks:
Q:

My 13 year old friend is cutting herself. What can I do to help her stop?

My friend is 13 and cutting herself because, my other friend went out with her for a few hours. He broke up with her because, I dated him weeks earlier, and he still likes me. Since then, shes been cutting herself. Its been going on for about a week maybe two. Shes been cutting herself at lunch with forks, in class with pencils, and at home with quarters and knives. Shes told me she has three knives in her room in-case she gets upset. I've been to the school councilor to try to help her, but that only made it worse. Me and my friends have tried many things to try to stop her, but they all haven't worked. We're all afraid that the next time we see her will be the last. What can we do to help her?
In Topics: Physical Health, Cutting

|

Good for you for going to the counselor.  That was a good first step. Now you need to speak to her mom or dad either by yourselves or through your parents. This young lady needs help and you are not able to give it.  Be brave and take the step. Reassure her that you care about her. Maybe both you and the boy could spend some time on a group date to cool the tensions.  Best wishes and keep trying.

2
0

GingerSpiceMama
GingerSpice... writes:
You need to talk to your friend's parents so they can take the appropriate actions to get your friend the help and attention he or she needs. Yes, it will be difficult and your friend may get mad at you, but its the right thing to do and if its a real friend they will get over it. I hope you don't wait too long. Good luck

4
0
chrismcnear
chrismcnear , Student writes:
give her wat she wants it always work

0
5
Carriebland
Carriebland , Parent writes:
I think you need to let her parents know so they can get her the help she needs

2
0
palkia
palkia writes:
try to remove all objects she can use to cut her self

2
0
xXxBrokenxXx
xXxBrokenxXx writes:
Her parents have to know what's going on, and just remember there's millions of people out there, and he's not worth you hurting yourself. There's that one special person out there waiting for you. Also, being single doesn't mean no one wants you, it means God is busy writing your love story. I don't know if I helped..I'm sorry if I didn't...but also remember your to young to have all this love drama (or wut ever it's called) there's gonna be a lot more of that while your growing up. There where more stuff I was gonna say, but I had forgotten... Maybe she can also talk to a I think it was therapist? I forgot but yeah her parents should no what's going on and take away the sharp objects especially glass, knives, and other dangerouse stuff. I hope I helped, good luck.

2
0
nastashap
nastashap writes:
try talking to her and see what the problem is

2
0
lokay356
lokay356 writes:
I have a 13 yr old daughter who is cutting, Found out thru the School Guidance, then she went with a friend and got caught with 500.00 dollars of shop lifting just been with this other child 13 yr old girl for 1 month and got caught shoplifting for $500.00 dollars going to court, I am her  Mom and a retirde Police Officer... Borought her to to a Dr. now she reguses to go back..and spoke with Dr  and said do not force, now she is cutting more and asking to move out of house, to a friends house, then she realized that will not work..I am at my wits end, please give advise should her to seek help.....

1
0
larrycornell
larrycornell writes:
i will ask her if she is ok and i am thay for her all the time.

0
0
Matie101
Matie101 writes:
If she is doing this then you need to talk to her and tell her it is not the end of the world there is more guys out there and hurting herself is not the answer

0
0
Anonymous