softballchicka
softballchi... asks:
Q:

My 13 year old friend is cutting herself. What can I do to help her stop?

My friend is 13 and cutting herself because, my other friend went out with her for a few hours. He broke up with her because, I dated him weeks earlier, and he still likes me. Since then, shes been cutting herself. Its been going on for about a week maybe two. Shes been cutting herself at lunch with forks, in class with pencils, and at home with quarters and knives. Shes told me she has three knives in her room in-case she gets upset. I've been to the school councilor to try to help her, but that only made it worse. Me and my friends have tried many things to try to stop her, but they all haven't worked. We're all afraid that the next time we see her will be the last. What can we do to help her?
In Topics: Physical Health, Cutting

|

Good for you for going to the counselor.  That was a good first step. Now you need to speak to her mom or dad either by yourselves or through your parents. This young lady needs help and you are not able to give it.  Be brave and take the step. Reassure her that you care about her. Maybe both you and the boy could spend some time on a group date to cool the tensions.  Best wishes and keep trying.

2
0

Anonymous