How can I help my 13 year son with his asperger's disorder also adhd. It's hard to cope/deal with him.

My son is ASPERGER'S DISORDER also ADHD he's in middle school (public school) and sometimes is hard to cope/deal with him. he don't want to be touch. i think that he has SENSORY INTEGRATION. i want to know more about this. my son is doing good in school. thank you for your time.
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk!  I can tell that you are very frustrated and need to have some assistance.

I would recommend that you ask in writing for the multi-disciplinary special education team that is assigned to your son in his school to convene.  When you meet ask for information about sensory integration screenings and if an occupational therapist or other qualified professionals can assess your son.  Together all of you will be able to establish what would be the next course of action in regard to your son's education.  

Also, note that not wanting to be touched is sometimes referred to as "tactile defensiveness".  You may wish to read more about this on autism informational websites.

Owner of Signing Families