joliett
joliett asks:
Q:

my 13 year old son..

my 13 year old son decided to stay with his dad after our divorce, about 5 years ago.  However, my ex husband took our child out of school because he said the kid was having a hard time with the separation and enroll him in an online program which my son does not follow either.  Here I'm paying child support 300.00 dollars a month however, I'm very concern for my child's education (future).  Should I go to court?
In Topics: Divorce Issues

|

ShirleyCressDudley

Education is very important for your son. I'm assuming you have some visitation rights and can see your son regularly. If so, discuss with your son what he is learning in school, and his goals for graduation from high school. Talk about the importance of having an education, and the consequences of entering the work force (in this economy) without an education.

You could also work out some sort of rewards program for your son, as he achieves different levels in the online program.

Also- ask your ex for more information about the online program. Possibly there are resources for your to access to get more help for your son.

Try these options before going to court- which is time consuming and very expensive.

I hope that helps.

Shirley Cress Dudley
MA LPC NCC FACMPE
Expert for Blended families and single parent families
Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center

0
0