tinamariew1071
tinamariew1... asks:
Q:

I just found out my 13 year old daughter is cutting herself. Should I check her body to see if she is still cutting?

I recently found out (she told me) that my daughter is cutting herself. I am trying to respect her wishes as much as possible and still get us help and I have an appointment on Jan 4 for us to start the process but should I or should I absolutely not insist that she show me if she is still cutting or not. I am so afraid that I am going to do something that will cause more harm than good. I don't want her to think I don't trust her but honestly, I don't trust her. Please someone help me.
Member Added on Jan 1, 2013
I am going to the appt I am calling everyone and doing everything i can think of to help anyway possible - I just want to make sure she is safe without causing further mental damage to her. What do u mean go to the appt???? Wish I could have gotten one sooner....
In Topics: Cutting

|