kensi
kensi asks:
Q:

i'm 14 and he's going to be 17. he seems interested and wants to go for a walk. should i go?

I'm a 14 yr old girl who recently met a 17 yr old guy. he actually sought me out and introduced himself to me one day in school. he is 2 classes above me. we live close to each other and i finally gave him my number after a while(he had been asking me for sometime). since we began our holiday, we've been texting. it first started that we would text for a long period of time in a day, but it has dwindled off. he acts like he likes me but he hasn't out rightly said it. my friend knows about him and told me that he is a player and that she knows that cause her sister told her(the guy and her sister are in the same class). she also said he has a girlfriend. i asked him about it and he confirmed it but said that they were on a break and didn't even know if they were together any more. he is kinda cute and i don't know if i like him cause i don't get that butterfly feeling i got with past guys that i liked. he wants us to meet up and just go for a walk around the neighbourhood and i don't know if i should go or not. he has asked before but i refused. i asked my friend    
the first time and she said i should go just to find out what he wants to talk about. i'm contemplating going this time around but i'm not sure for reasons like i don't want to fall for him cause he might later want to go out with me and i don't want to date until i'm in college. even if he asks me to date him i would say no(i've said no before). so please should i go? i need an ans urgently. thanks!

In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

You mentioned a whole lot of cons about this gentleman and not very many pros.  Plus, the age difference isn't a very good sign, either.  Emotionally, you guys might be about the same age, but he's going to have a lot of interests that aren't going to be on the same level as yours.  That kind of difference can cause problems in a relationship.

Maybe you should go with your gut feeling and keep him as a casual acquaintance and nothing more.  Good luck!

MKM, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
1
0