kensi
kensi asks:
Q:

i'm 14 and he's going to be 17. he seems interested and wants to go for a walk. should i go?

I'm a 14 yr old girl who recently met a 17 yr old guy. he actually sought me out and introduced himself to me one day in school. he is 2 classes above me. we live close to each other and i finally gave him my number after a while(he had been asking me for sometime). since we began our holiday, we've been texting. it first started that we would text for a long period of time in a day, but it has dwindled off. he acts like he likes me but he hasn't out rightly said it. my friend knows about him and told me that he is a player and that she knows that cause her sister told her(the guy and her sister are in the same class). she also said he has a girlfriend. i asked him about it and he confirmed it but said that they were on a break and didn't even know if they were together any more. he is kinda cute and i don't know if i like him cause i don't get that butterfly feeling i got with past guys that i liked. he wants us to meet up and just go for a walk around the neighbourhood and i don't know if i should go or not. he has asked before but i refused. i asked my friend    
the first time and she said i should go just to find out what he wants to talk about. i'm contemplating going this time around but i'm not sure for reasons like i don't want to fall for him cause he might later want to go out with me and i don't want to date until i'm in college. even if he asks me to date him i would say no(i've said no before). so please should i go? i need an ans urgently. thanks!

In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

You mentioned a whole lot of cons about this gentleman and not very many pros.  Plus, the age difference isn't a very good sign, either.  Emotionally, you guys might be about the same age, but he's going to have a lot of interests that aren't going to be on the same level as yours.  That kind of difference can cause problems in a relationship.

Maybe you should go with your gut feeling and keep him as a casual acquaintance and nothing more.  Good luck!

MKM, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
1
0

ashley1233
ashley1233 writes:
i my 17 old i go to but 18

0
0
Hannavas
Hannavas writes:
I definitely wouldn't go out with him on the pure fact that he is on a "break" with a girl, what does that even mean? It's like an excuse to find someone else. Remember that anything a guy has done in the past, he can easily do with you.
If you would like to get to know him or are as curious as your friend about why he wants to go on a walk with you, then I would suggest doing so. I think you're smart enough not to fall for him. Especially if you haven't already.

2
0