jules35
jules35 asks:
Q:

My 14 year old is having dificulty dealing with emotions and stages of being a teenager

My 14 year old daughter has a great group of friends boys and girls, who she is avoiding going out with. She has a boyfriend in the group who she seems to be ignoring and avoiding at all costs making up excuses not to go out with him and the group. It all started 2 weeks ago when she called us to say she was coming home early as was feeling sick. She had three days off school feeling sick and sleeping all the time. During this time she kept her mobile off and had no contact with friends or her boyfriend. I did notice that her friends thought she was ignoring her and after checking her phone i noticed she had a few texts asking her if she was ok, and one from her boyfriend saying he was sorry he ignored her on the night she came home sick. Since then she has avoided going out. Her friends have asked her since if she is ok as when they have seen her at school she has not been herself. The boyfriend has said he is upset as he doesnt know what is going on and doesnt know where he stands etc. He texts her every night asking her to come out but she makes up some excuse. Her friend from the same group has now stopped texting. I have a feeling that she is finding the boyfriend scenario hard to deal with. She never wanted to be on her own with him would only text him after she found out others in group where out too. We have asked her many times if all ok she just says its all fine, but it clearly isnt as she is angry and avoiding answering texts and going out. She refuses to open up.

|