discombobulated
discombobul... asks:
Q:

how to get my 14 year old to go to school? should I put him in boarding, military, reform school?

In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

I am sorry that we are not able to help you make this very difficult decision. Please consider seeking out the assistance of local professionals, such as School Counselors, Psychologists or Outreach Counselors.

We wish you much luck.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0

gabbymom17
gabbymom17 writes:
I also had issued attending school around the same age. Everyone assumed it was a diciplinary issue and treated it as such, putting me on P.I.N.S., grounding me, threatening reform school, ect. What seemed as utter rebellion to every adult around me, was not. I was being harshly hazed, bullied, and harrassed every single day (FAR more than simple name calling most associate with bullying). I became even more unruly after this because i saw it as i was being punished for actions caused by being tormented daily.
I advise really trying to get to the root of why your child refuses to attend school before seeking action "against" him.
What finally helped was a random psychologist who saw the bone-deep anxiety i had associated with school and recommended home schooling. After my district complied, i had 3 different teachers come daily (paid for by district because it was recommended by the psychologist). I was home schooled through my district that way for over 2yrs and when i return to normal classes at 16, my peers and i had matured quite a bit and i no longer faced the same issues.

0
0