tracey33
tracey33 asks:
Q:

I have a 14year old daughter that has a learning problem and she is being bullied. How can I get this to stop? I went to the school many times.

how can i stop these kids from hurting my daughter. She stays to herself. She doesn't bother anyone. I even moved from MD to PA thinking if she changed schools where no one knows her, everything will change, but now it's different kids different school but the same problem. She is such a sweet girl. I dont know why these kids do this stuff too her. I just dont know what to do anymore.

|

Jami

It sounds like you are very supportive of your daughter, which is great. Talking with your child’s teacher, principal, or counselor is a good idea so that they can increase supervision and help your daughter stay safe. It’s important to continue to encourage your daughter to tell you and other adults at school about the bullying that is happening.

If your child is isolated, encourage her to make friends or connect with her peers through after school activities or other non-school related activities (such as music, sports, church, etc.). Connecting with peers in a positive way will increase her self-confidence and increase her positive interactions with new peers. Help your daughter focus on the positive things in her life.

Jami Givens, MA, PLMHP
School Psychology Doctoral Candidate
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Target Bullying Research Lab: www.targetbully.com

2
0