jolucas
jolucas asks:
Q:

my 15 year old grandson

my grandson has an issue with going to school and they placed him in a detention facility .his mother is a single parent and she is not home to see to it he goes to school. I want to know if I can step in and get custody of him and bring him to my house and I know my husband can get him in school. he is a good kid has never done anything wrong and now all he does is cry at this place. this is wrong and I want to know what I can do about this. Please help me!!!
In Topics: State education standards

|

Houli

You need to talk with both his mother and the child himself about your proposal to gain custody.  Given the fact he is missing school a great deal, and he is under the age of 16, a school social worker may also be someone you might contact for help in this area.

The key is communication with all involved.  You are to be commended for your willingness to get involved with your grandson's needs.

1
0