NAhmad
NAhmad asks:
Q:

My 15 years old son refuses to go to school becasue of repeated punishments & insulting attitude of deputy head of the secondry school. Please help!!

Teenagers do make mistakes and i am not against the punishments but there should be some kind of policies to deal with the difficult situations. My son is a attention seeker and wants to be in a leadership role. my son has been targeted on the basis of racial discrimination and even if he is not doing anything and trying to behave well serious allegations are ready for him to be faced, eg. long haircut is not allowed so he cut it to very short just few cm with two lines on the side of both ears, when the deputy head saw him, immediatelly he issued a suspension letter for a indifinite period depite the fact that me a single parent was out of country and he had been kicked out of the school. My son is still a minor but has been asked to leave without informing a parent. There are lot of other instances like last week he was asked by the head girl to be on duty for open day, he was very excited, i droped him early morning to school and the moment deputy head saw him, started shouting at him in front of other students and teachers and used these words: what the hell u are doing here, my son told him that his name is on the list but he was not listening and my son than approached the head of secondry school to resolve the issue on which my son got the permission to perform his duty for the open day, now every second day issues are coming up, what should i do to send him school?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Motivation and achievement at school, My Relationship with my child's school

|

Hello and thank you for writing.

In my opinion, no person (of any age) deserves to be intimated and bullied, especially within an academic environment by a staff member. If you truly feel this is the case, then you may wish to go and discuss this matter with whoever is in charge of the deputy head of the school. Someone must have hired this person unless it is a private school which was started by this person.  

I also would write down and perhaps consider even using a video camera to document these incidents. Good luck.

1
0
Anonymous