s2mandrey
s2mandrey asks:
Q:

My 15 yr old daughter is aggressive and sometimes violent towards us.

She hates rules and lashes out if we ask her to turn her music down, switch off her tv or pc when its gone midnight, trashes my house if she doesnt get her own way, wont come in when shes told, refused all hospital help etc now weve been kicked off the lists. refuses to get up and go to school weve now had a court summons. where do we stand with the courts as weve done everyting in our power to get her there.
In Topics: School and Academics, Teen issues, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

We can not give legal advice as to what to do with the court summons.  But with the information you have provided regarding your daughter’s destructive and defiant behaviors, it may be beneficial for you to place your daughter in a children’s residential treatment facility.  It sounds like your daughter needs to be in a controlled therapeutic environment, where attending school is mandatory and not an option.  

For referrals for services, you can contact your local department of health and human services or the United Way.  Many states have a chapter of the “Federation for Families for Children’s Mental Health” which support parents and provides them with referrals for out of home placements for their children with emotional and behavioral problems.  Hopefully with the right intervention, your daughter will get the help she needs and you can start to heal your relationship.

Our crisis counselors are available 24 hours, 7 days a week, to help parents who need support and guidance.  We are available by phone or via e-mail.  
Best wishes to you and to your daughter.  

1-800-448-3000

3
0

mamiflores91
mamiflores91 writes:
I wonder if there is something going on in her life & she's not telling you. Have you tried letting her know that you are there for her & that she can talk to you about anything & that you will help her in whatever way you can? I have 2 teenage girls 17 & 18.They have had their days. I started noticing some days were worse than others. I then began talking to them & letting them know that they can trust me & talk to me about anything. Now when they are feeling sad,down,worried or just want to talk,they come to me. I do have to say that the midnight thing with your daughters pc is pretty late. I take the girls laptops from them,including the cell phones at 10pm here. Of course they dont like it,but it's a rule in our home that they have to follow or else I keep the items longer.You are the parent & she has to respect you,but you also have to stop,look & listen to what may be going on in her life. Only you know your daughter.What is setting her off & things like that. Have you had her tested for drugs? Or alcohol? Just wondering. If you're sure that she is not using any substances,I say gain her trust & get her talking.I hope that this helps.

1
0
Catskill
Catskill writes:
Your daughter needs psychological help.  Please talk to her pediatrician or a qualified psychologist about educational options that will help get her on track now.

2
0