thring
thring asks:
Q:

Can a 15 year old be asked to provide a written statement without a parent present for disciplinary reasons?

my daughter 15 was on a school service bus and she did something wrong her teacher a key stage 4 advisor made her write out a statement with out telling her what would be done with the statement or what it could be used for she was excluded from school for a day and a nasty untrue letter sent in the post ccusing her of being dangerous to other school children. At no time was she offered any advice or help and she now has a record after 4.5 years of unblemished record.
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, School safety (not bullying), Discipline and behavior challenges

|

AnnieFox

A school can certainly discipline a student without a parent being present... I can't give you legal advice, but as far as taking a written, it really depends on how the was taken, how it was used, etc. As the parent, you should definitely go to the school and find out what their policy is in this kind of situation. As for the "untrue letter" that was subsequently sent and the current blemish on her record talk to them about that too. If you aren't satisfied with their response, speak to an attorney.

0
0

Anonymous