mrs.linaakil
mrs.linaakil asks:
Q:

my 15yr. old son doesn't like studying and failing every course. I have a tutor for him, but no improvement, what can i do to help him learn

In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|
janae4000
janae4000 writes:
what you need to do is get him a tutor and let the tutor work with him 247

0
1
bhakti1
bhakti1 writes:
I think your child in 9th or 10th grade.
This age students sometimes get boring of studying.
You can help through online resourses.
Online lessons might be helpful for them.

0
1
Wayne Yankus writes:
time for an exam and meeting.  Start with your guidance counselor and find out what's going on at school. bullying? bad crowd? or just learning disabled? Get a child study team going for him.  next visit your pediatrician for an exam. Is he well or sick? does he have Attention Deficit Disorder? and anticipatory guidance with the doctor alone may reveal some drug experimentation or other mental health issues that need to be addressed.  go for it and best wishes.

Wayne A. Yankus, MD, FAAP

1
0
BeKindCali
BeKindCali writes:
You have my sympathies, this can be an incredibly frustrating situation. You know how important school and learning is for your son's future, while his teenage brain is stuck in the pleasure of the moment!
You have already been given some sound advice. So, I would like to contribute in a way that you can actively encourage your son's learning while not adding to his "to-do" list. Be a wonderful role-model for learning. Let your son catch you reading for enjoyment, answering questions that satisfy your own curiosity during the day, or simply sharing your own knowledge with others. This way you don't risk falling into the parental nagging pit of despair and you just may be giving him something to inspire him toward learning. And, if that cannot be for today maybe it will be a seed planted for the future! Best of luck!

0
0