yecieboo
yecieboo asks:
Q:

Do you think a 16 year old should be allowed to have a boyfriend and go out to places with him?

i am 16 and my parents think i should not have a boyfriend because i need to learn how to cook and clean first. also they think that the only reason why girls have a boyfriend so they can have sex but i am not thinking bout having sex at all. i no how to clean and am still learning how to cook. my grades are fine, am always trying harder in school i think i should be allowed to have a boyfriend but i need you guys opinion.
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

Every family has their own concept of what dating really means to them. You and your family have different opinions. Start by saying to them what you did here. I want a male friend--not for sex--but to enjoy company. Keep up your end by getting good grades and helping at home.  Invite the boy home with your family's permission so they can see/meet him.  Finally, talk to an aunt, grandmother or trusted relative who may have some insight as to why you parents feel this way.
this is a process which means each end has to feel comfortable with the outcome. And, yes, 16 y/olds  do date.

1
0