Lydia6
Lydia6 asks:
Q:

How can I help my 16 year old?

I am a lost mother who needs help. My 16 year old has been cutting herself since she was 13. We got her professional help 2 years ago. That seemed to help. But she started doing it again. And now shuts me out completely. She also started using drugs and doesn't want to sleep home anymore or go to school. I have asked for lots of help even from the police. But seem to get no where. I feel like am failing like a mother. Please help me save my child before it's too late. What should I do?
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen alcohol and substance abuse, Cutting

|

Houli

It sounds as if this behavior is getting out of control and that you are having little success with your daughter's cutting behavior.  If you have lost control of your daughter, in terms of cutting, alcohol and other negative behaviors, and if the police were not helpful, you might consider talking with a couselor yourself and seeking advice from the professional.

Perhaps an intervention is needed.  Perhaps she needs a residential setting.  Whateve it takes you should pursue.  You need to talk with a professional for assistance.

0
0
Anonymous