Anonymous
Q:

i am 17 and he is 25 some times i am so sad that i do not go to school because i do not understand

i have never talk to is guy that i like. but i like hem so mach i do not understand . i think that he knows i like hem . how do i no because i has been seeing hem for the past 11 mot hes . some times i am so sad that i just stay home and not go to school . i am so scared to go up to hem and ask hem if he like me .what if he will say HOW OLD ARE YOU 17 OK NO something like that . i thick he likes me to because he look that me . but how do i find out .
In Topics: Teen issues

|

It's great that you wrote in to discuss your feelings for this 25 year old man. It sounds like you are having pretty strong feelings for this guy, and it must be really frustrating that you can't tell if he likes you or not. We've all felt that before and know how easy it is to get engrossed in someone else so deeply that we cannot step back and take a look at the whole situation.

Take a moment and think about what's making this guy so attractive in your eyes. Is it the excitement of the chase, not knowing if he likes you or not? How much do you really know about him and his life? I also want you to take a minute and think about what you want in a boyfriend. Usually someone that is 17 wants a boyfriend/girlfriend that is in high school, involved in similar activities such as sports or music, has similar types friends, is fun to hang around, and is thinking about heading to college after they graduate. Think about how many of these things a 25 year old would have in common. Probably not many. It may seem exciting to date an older man, but I want to warn you that a 17 year old dating a 25 year-old is NOT a good idea. It's probably not what you want to hear, but I have never heard of a successful relationship between someone that is in high school and someone that is in their mid-twenties. Typically if an adult man is interested in someone that is not of legal age, it's not because they are truly interested in that person, they only want a sexual relationship. That type of relationship between a minor and an adult is illegal.

I strongly encourage you to distance yourself from that man so you won't be tempted to get involved with him. Focus on boys that are your age and in high school. I think you'll find that you have much more in common with them and a much better possibility of a healthy relationship.

If you want to talk to someone further about this please feel free to call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-448-3000. We're here 24/7 to talk to you. Take Care!

1-800-448-3000

0
0