GirlPerson101
GirlPerson101 asks:
Q:

Can a 17 year old drop out of high school without parental consent?

I am 17 years old. I feel like I’m not wanted at home so I was going to drop out of high school and move in with my friend. I’m a junior and I don’t want to ask my parents if I can drop out. I just want to know, can I dropout legally with their help. Please help me!
In Topics: Teen issues

|

It's important for you to realize that you have other options available to you besides dropping out of high school.

Have you tried talking with your parents or another family member about how you are feeling? If you don't feel comfortable talking with your parents you could try talking with a teacher or counselor at school. If you are involved in any sports or other activities try talking with the coach or group sponser.

Think about your future. How easy do you think it will be to find a job without at least a high school education?

The question that you are asking varies from state to state.

The Boys Town National Hotline has counselors available 24/7 to talk with you about your concerns. The hotlines direct number is 1-800-448-3000
0
0